SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 is an intense skin moisturizer that is said to totally reverse the effects of aging, acne and blemish problems, oversized pores, uneven skin tone and texture, reduction of scars and other skin imperfections. It kind of sounds like a miracle cream that just may be to good to be true with the long list of skin conditions that it works to heal and recover. But it is true, the active ingredient in SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 is probably one of the most impressive active ingredients on the market.
Another impressive thing about SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 is the fact that the concentration of retinol in this product is the highest amount of retinol available for over the counter products. SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 also claims to have the highest grade of retinol available on the market. By using a high quality/high grade of retinol it is said that it has optimal efficacy and greatly minimizes erythema commonly associated with the use of retinol.
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Active Ingredients
Obviously, SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0’s main ingredient is the retinol but there are a few other key ingredients that work to keep the skin hydrated, healthy and stable. Here is the short list of some of the ingredients that are found in SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0.
• Retinol- a form of Vitamin A that plays an important role in anti-aging skin care. The purest and most active form of Vitamin A, Retinol aids in the resurfacing and rejuvenating of skin, helping to impart a clearer, more vibrant complexion for all ages and skin types.
• Ceramides- are the essential lipids found in the surface layer of skin that help maintain the integrity of the skin’s barrier layer. They are the mortar that holds the skin cells (bricks) together. When this barrier is intact, skin looks smooth and glowing.
• Shea Butter- contains beneficial vegetable fats that promote cell regeneration and circulation, making it a wonderful healer and rejuvenator for troubled or aging skin. It also contains natural sun protection.
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Pros
• A great chemical exfoliant that works to increase the cellular turnover rate.
• Made by a reputable company that uses both innovative technology and break through science while formulating their skincare products.
• Proven and effective active ingredient that works on a broad range of skin concerns.
• Many positive reviews and happy customers.
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Cons
• Thins the skins barrier and can cause redness, irritation, sensitivity and peeling if you don’t give yourself time to get used to the retinol in the product.
• Retinol has been said to be carcinogenic (cancerous) when used in extremely high amounts.
• Must be used with caution and cannot be used while pregnant or nursing, taking certain prescriptions or undergoing any skin peeling regimen like microdermabrasion, chemical peels and laser treatments unless suggested by your physician or a skin care professional.
• Must never be used without a sunscreen.
Price of SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0
1 fl oz of SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 will cost you $58
Verdict: SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0
Overall, this is a fabulous skin care product. The high concertration and high quality of retinol can give you some pretty amazing benefits. There are some factors that are found in the cons section that may make you a little weary when it comes to trying this product out. Don’t worry, if you are not willing to take the risks of the SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0, then take a look at some of our top rated wrinkle creams, these are much more sensitive and can give you many of the same amazing results.